This is a very easy, yet delicious vegan pasta! This recipe got inspired when I only had few things in the fridge. It is a perfect dinner for when you don’t want to deal with hassles of preparing ingredients, and still give an awesome outcome.
Prep time : 25 mins
3-4 cloves Garlic
4 medium Tomatoes
12-16 Basil leaves
2 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
1 1/4 tbsp Coarse salt (or 2 tbsp of Kosher salt)
- Put 1.5 liter of water to boil.
- Put 1 1/4 tbsp of coarse salt and 1/2 tbsp f olive oil, when the water is boiling.
- Put spaghetti and cook the pasta following the packet instruction. (Give a stir half way through the cooking time to prevent the pasta sticking together.)
- Mean while, mince the garlics.
- Cut the tomatoes in to pieces as following.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, keep 1/4 cup of pasta water and drain the remaining.
- Set the frying pan to the medium heat and put 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- When the oil starts to get warm, set the pan to low heat. Put minced garlic and stir until golden brown.
- Put tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes juice starts to mix with the oil.
- Put spaghetti and follow quickly with pasta water. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Put basil leaves and let it simmer until the tomatoes are cooked. Give a stir and serve.
Make sure to put the pan at low heat after the pan is warm or else the oil will splatter.